Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sweden's Best Dog Sledding Moments

Riddle me this, Batman... where did the past three days go?! I feel like we've no more than gotten home from  our fun-filled weekend in Abisko National Park and we're already packing up for another trip! Oh wait, that's really what's happening.

It sure has been a whirlwind of a half week, let me tell you! We got back to Lulea Sunday night after a five hour train ride from Abisko, set our bags down, and passed out from sheer exhaustion. I know, I thought the dogs were supposed to do all of the work too!! Monday was filled with unpacking, classes, and cleaning. Tuesday was the day for laundry-because saying we had PILES of it doesn't even begin to describe our seemingly self-reproducing mass quantites of dirty clothes. But today has been the busiest day of all. Ryan and I woke up, took the bus downtown to buy last-minute tickets to Narvik, Norway. Then, we shoved some Max's down our throats for an extremely quick lunch downtown just in time to catch the bus back to campus. And then it was three hours of fuels & technology lecture, cooking dinner, doing the dishes, finishing up the laundry, and starting to pack for our 5:40 a.m. train departure tomorrow. Phew! I'm getting more tired talking about it all...

Anyway, moral of the story today kids... is that I have absolutely NO time to put together a quality post about last weekend before we leave for another trip. So, to tide you over until Monday, I have put together a small compilation of "Sweden's Best Dog Sledding Moments" for you to enjoy. I know it's not nearly as thrilling as reading one of my ever-so-entertaining play-by-plays of this weekend events, but it will just have to do until I have enough time to devote to a proper post. After all, I want to give an accurate description of just how truly mind-blowingly fun dog sledding and hiking really can be.

So, as promised, here are some cute dogs! Oh, and some pretty sweet action shots and wipe-outs too...

Brett rounding a difficult corner


That he didn't quite make...


Shannon's dogs taking her over the rocks instead
of the smooth ice. That happened to us a lot...



Me headed into a tough corner...

Me doing the "Superman" off my sled.
Or, in other words, knee meets rock.
I got the award for Best Spill of the Day from this bad boy...


Our guide struggling a bit..

Ryan rounding the same corner like a
professional. "No big deal"


Redeeming myself by actually staying up 
around a corner. Haha


Just checking out the scenery...


Taking a break and playing with the dogs

This puppy wanted to come home with me...
The feeling was definitely mutual


Awwww husky kisses!


The whole group


Well... da da da dat's all folks! (Say it like Porky the Pig... it's better that way)

Happy Hump Day! Enjoy the rest of your week!


Peace, Love, and Siberian Huskies!
-The Bogarts















No comments:

Post a Comment