Monday, November 8, 2010

Weekend Winter Wonderland

After getting a pretty solid snowfall Friday night here in Lulea, Ryan and I decided to take a walk Saturday to the Dollar Store and explore some of the beautiful scenery around our campus. I was even kind enough to snap some photos so all of you could enjoy it as well..










Although the snow was stunning and the weather couldn't have been more calm and perfect for a walk, the best part of the day by far was finding a fake Christmas tree and decorations for it at the Dollar Store. And we got the tree and all the decorations we wanted for it for under $20! How awesome is that?!





I took this picture of Ryan to make it look like we found out tree the old fashioned way by chopping it down in the forest. Looks pretty legit, right?
















I just couldn't very well have our tree sitting around UN-decorated for a couple weeks just because it was "too early" to have a decorated Christmas tree up! So on Sunday Ryan and I decorated our first Christmas tree together... we even listened to Bing Crosby songs while decorating too. Yes, I realize it was only the first weekend in November. But I figure since we'll have to take it down before Christmas officially comes that we could set it up early in order to fully get our enjoyment out of it.








Even though it doesn't have lights, I think our little tree brightens up and warms up our entire living room. There's just something about a Christmas tree that does that... don't you think?








That was our weekend here in Sweden... Playing in the new snow and decorating our first Christmas tree together. It was perfect. We even downloaded the movie "A Muppet Christmas Carol" to watch this week. I wanted to watch it this weekend, but Ryan had to remind me that there are only so many Christmas movies... and that if I watch them all now I'll have none to watch in December. I figure he's probably right. So we're trying to space out my intense holiday cheer in hopes that it lasts us the 6 more weeks until we make it back to Minnesota...

Happy Monday everyone!

-The Bogarts

2 comments:

  1. that chocolate milk better be the "good chocolate milk" im talking about! hahaha miss u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGEEEE! my name is christina bogart too! i googled myself and found this blog! this is the best day evahhhh!!! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete