Friday, September 17, 2010

Birthday Cards and Presents

Since I have officially done nothing worth blogging about this entire week aside from attending two out of my three lectures, I decided to just put up pictures of me and Ryan's birthday cards and presents.... Sorry if this is boring. I'll try to come up with some better material soon!



Our first cards arrived in the middle of last week from my grandparents in Walker. I always love getting cards from my Nana for various reasons throughout the year. Getting something other than bills and credit card offers just puts a smile on my face. :)







Next, came a rather large envelope filled with cards from the Culkins family. Marcia and Brian, who are very close family friends with the Bogarts, sent both of us a card. Jonas, Ryan's best man in our wedding, also sent each of us a card...










The card that Jonas selected especially for me made me laugh so hard I thought I was having an asthma attack. It was just so perfect because it was just like him to pick out a card so obviously age inappropriate.













Ahhh the joys of cheesy cards intended for elementary school girls.... you just can't beat it.












Ryan's birthday card from Jonas was Transformers themed. Although not nearly as funny as mine, still very age inappropriate and very typical Jonas.













We also got cards from Ryan's grandma's; Grandma Hanson and Grandma Cooper.










Ryan's parents also sent us cards even though they are sending us a package as well. I must admit that it was kind of weird to get my first "Daughter-in-law" card... Not because I don't feel like part of the Bogart family and not because I don't love having them as in-laws. I suppose it's just that the title will take some getting used to.







The last birthday card I got before my birthday was very unexpected because it wasn't from family or even from a lifelong friend. It was from my "second set of grandparents"... Denny and Ann Williams.

 For those of you who don't know, Denny and Ann are a couple who have been coming into my mom's restaurant for many years now. Over the years, throughout high school and into college as well, I've waited on them when they've come in to eat every opportunity I had. We always have the best talks about their grandchildren down in Iowa and the excitement going on in my life while they order fajitas with a side order of beans, two diet sodas, extra napkins and one refill when the food comes, and fried ice cream for dessert when they aren't too full. But that's usually at night. Sometimes when they come in for lunch they'll throw me off and order something different. Haha

They even took the time out of their busy summer schedule to attend our wedding up in Duluth this past summer. Denny and Ann truly are like my second grandparents even if I'm not technically related to them. I love them.

Alright, I'll stop getting all sentimental and mushy now! Now onto more fun things... like presents!



Ryan and I made the two mile (one way!) trek on Wednesday to pick up the package my parents sent for my birthday. It only took us about an hour to walk there, find the place, and walk back. But did I mention that it was raining most of the time...? Haha just my luck, right?







The cards my mom sent were the fancy music kind. Which I think is so cool. Ryan's sang "Happy Birthday" and mine played "Wonderful World" and even had a little voice message that my mom recorded on there too! It made me so happy I cried.







To keep me semi-current on what's happening back home, we got the Walker area paper and the Star Tribune. I try to read the news online as much as I can, but it's just never as good as the actual newspaper. Maybe I'm just crazy... but it annoys me to have to click through a million tabs and options to find what I want to read....




We also got Vikings koozies stuffed with candy. I can't wait to drink my first beer with it! Too bad we can't watch the games over here while drinking beer in them... Oh well, there's always next season.

My sister wrapped a present for me and threw it in the package as well. She also wrote me the most touching letter I've ever gotten. It made me choke up because she sounded so mature and grown up...






This is the present from my sister. A new warm hat (which by the way, I really needed) and a matching scarf. They're super cute.









The picture of me wearing said cute hat and scarf isn't exactly cute, unfortunately. The four miles of walking through the rain didn't exactly do wonders for my makeup and my hair being pulled back makes me look like a boy. Haha but I figured Jessica would want a picture of me wearing them. Hopefully she likes it....











The last thing my mom sent to us was a bunch of Cafe Zona Rosa clothing. Ryan and I each got a new shirt.











And I got three brand new, super soft, and really warm Zona Rosa sweatshirts.













I love them. The only problem is.... I have absolutely NO idea how all of this will make it back home. Ryan and I will either have to ship a box back or buy another suitcase. Oh well, we needed more room to bring back souvenirs anyhow!






So there ya have it folks. All of the lovely cards and presents Ryan and I got (so far) for our birthdays. Sorry for the boring post, I will have to think up something good for next time. Anyone have a suggestion? Anything you want to know about over here that I haven't talked about yet? If you think of something, just write it in a comment below the post and I'll see what I can do!

Have a great weekend.

Peace, Love, and Swedish Meatballs!!!
-The Bogarts

No comments:

Post a Comment