Sunday, September 12, 2010

Archipelago trip overview

Yesterday we took a boat tour out to one of the beautiful islands that are part of the archipelago off the coast of Lulea. We had perfect weather. The sun was shining and it was in the high 50's. I even managed to get a little sunburn on my cheeks during the short span of four hours that we explored the island. But I can't complain, it's the most sun my cheeks will see in months most likely.

Unfortunately, during the rush to get out the door, I forgot my camera on the kitchen table. No worries though... I made sure that Shannon and Tyler took plenty of pictures for me! As soon as I retrieve those pictures from them, I plan on doing an in-depth post about our afternoon on the beautiful island of Kluntarna. Until then, here are a few of the highlights:


  1. Hiking around the island and enjoying the natural beauty of Sweden.
  2. Viewing some old "labyrinters" (labyrinths).
  3. Climbing an old watch tower from WWII that was used to spot planes as they flew over the island.
  4. Meeting a group of Swedish people who casually mentioned that they were "taking their yachts out for the afternoon since the weather was so nice". 
  5. Blueberry picking.
  6. Watching the Frenchmen enjoy one of the wood burning saunas on the island and then jumping into the lake too cool down... you guessed it... naked. After all, what would a school function be without nakedness? Haha
Until next time my friends...

Peace, Love, and Swedish Meatballs!!!
-The Bogarts

No comments:

Post a Comment