Monday, September 13, 2010

The early arrival of fall

I can't remember exactly when the leaves usually change colors back in Minnesota, but I seem to remember it being later than the first week in September... I noticed, while making my walks through campus this week, that there has been a dramatic increase in the amount of leaves I crunch over to make it to class. It makes me want to buy a rake just to make piles of leaves and jump into them!


I suppose it makes sense, though, that fall would arrive sooner in a place where it is in the process of changing over from light 24/7 to total darkness. To be honest, it makes me happy. It feels more natural to have the chilly weather we've been experiencing when the leaves are turning colors and falling off.

But I am still curious... when does fall normally start to change the leaves back in the United States? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller..? Bueller...? I need to know!

Peace, Love, and Swedish Meatballs!!!
-The Bogarts

1 comment:

  1. Wikipedia knows! Here's a nice chart showing the continental US. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:FallFoliageMap2.PNG

    It is a few weeks early compared to Walker, but I bet it's probably about the same for Winnipeg.

    ReplyDelete