Monday, September 20, 2010

Oh, the days of carpet...

If there is one thing I miss about my old apartment back in good ole Duluth, MN... it is definitely carpet. It's just so much better than tiled floors, which is what we have here in Lulea. And they're not even nice hardwood floors. They're just tiled. So it's not even like they look all that great.

Carpet is just so superior. It's so much nicer to sprawl out on with your books when you're studying or doing homework. Especially when the furniture you have in your apartment isn't very comfortable. Plus, you can get away with cleaning it less often. I definitely don't remember our floors getting vacuumed more than once a week? But that's because they never seemed to get dirty so fast.

Don't get me wrong, the fact that I don't have to worry about things getting spilled on our floors is amazing. But the amount of upkeep that they require is just downright sick! I literally sweep our apartment four or five times a week. That's about three too many in my opinion. And that doesn't even count the number of times I have to mop the floors too. Just one more reason why carpet is superior... it doesn't require two steps for cleaning on a regular basis. 

I guess, in the long run, it really isn't such a bad thing that I learned the hard way how much dirt and gross stuff really is on our floors all the time... I will definitely be vacuuming more often when we get a place that has carpet. But I still wish we had carpet right now. And so do my socks. The stuff I pick up daily with my socks is the only reason sweeping doesn't happen everyday. I just don't understand... It will never cease to amaze me how two people can track in so much dirt and lose so much hair all over the place! It's gross.

Happy Monday!

Peace, Love, and Swedish Meatballs!!
-The Bogarts


No comments:

Post a Comment