Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Oh hey, Christina... you suck at life.

Well, as promised, here is the update from the phone interview I was supposed to have last week for an internship position in Duluth:

It never happened...
The End.

That's right boys and girls... I never even got a chance to interview for the position. Again. Not that I should've expected anything different... but remember, I tend to get my hopes up. Silly me. Maybe this time I'll actually learn my lesson.

So here's what happened... The guy who emailed me almost two weeks ago now asking about my availability for last week said he was "booked" until Wednesday but would email me later in the week to set something up for either Thursday or Friday. I didn't hear back from him... and I still hadn't heard anything back from him after yesterday, so I decided to send him a quick email this morning expressing my interest in the position and wondering if I could interview this week. Apparently "booked" was code for "we filled the position with someone who interviewed at UMD" and they didn't think it was necessary to interview me or even email me in a timely manner to tell me that.

Well, that's all I know today folks. I suppose I should get back to studying so I can do well on my finals even though good grades obviously aren't enough to get me an internship...

Peace, Love, and a few tears from Lulea
-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment