Friday, September 30, 2011

Technology: a Pregnant Lady's Best Friend

Technology never ceases to amaze me. Truly, it doesn't. And I think that I appreciate it more than ever now that I'm pregnant... In all honesty, aside from the infinitely more attractive maternity clothes, I'd say the coolest thing about being pregnant in 2011 is all the resources available to me 24 hours a day. Take, for example, my phone. I have an app on it based on the "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book; it gives me daily and weekly updates about what my baby and body is doing as well as tips for sleeping better, choosing a childbirth class, exercising safely, and the list just goes on and on. It's SO cool! And that's just the app on my phone! That doesn't even include all of the pregnancy-specific websites on the internet that give moms-to-be a way to educate themselves about pretty much anything and connect with each other. And registering for baby stuff? Beyond easy with today's technology. You can add/remove items from your registry or even complete your entire registry online! This came in handy for us when Ryan and I became entirely overwhelmed in Target by the endless rows of baby products and got tired of maneuvering around other extremely pregnant women. Plus, by looking up online reviews of different things, we were able to get feedback before deciding if that product was something worth registering for or if it was just an expensive piece of junk. 

By the way, in case you're wondering, a lot of baby stuff today really is nothing but expensive junk. Who cares if your burp rags cost $5 a piece and have cute designs on them if the spit-up runs straight down and onto your shirt instead of being absorbed like it should be? And who wants to carry around a baby bouncer from room to room that weighs 25 pounds? Not me! Call me old-fashioned, but I don't care if it has super-sonic vibration something-or-the-other and a giant light-up bar of toys... I just want it to securely hold my baby. Alright- rant over for now. 

Moral of the story is this: technology makes being pregnant a lot easier. And when I'm an exhausted, third trimester mama-to-be, I like easier. Now if only technology would make it easier to paint my toes and put on my shoes... ;)

Today I am exactly 29 weeks pregnant. That means it's only 77 more days until Baby Bogart is due to make his appearance!

Happy Friday - TGIF!
-The Bogarts

 

No comments:

Post a Comment