Saturday, October 1, 2011

True Life: I'm addicted to garage sales

The past two mornings I've been up at the crack of dawn like normal, but unlike my boring Monday through Thursdays... I took full advantage of the morning hours by scouring the city of Duluth's garage sales. I'll admit, I get quite a few odd looks being a mid-twenties woman garage sale-ing by myself, but I just don't care! Garage sales are where it's at people!

Where else would I have found a white down Ralph Lauren winter jacket to fit my pregnant belly for a mere $10? Or how about a brand new car seat cover for $5 that sells in stores for $25-$30? Nowhere. On top of those awesome deals, I also found some quality maternity clothes for $2-$3 a piece and some adorable Vikings baby sweatpants for only twenty-five cents. Twenty-five cents people! That's as much as it costs to get one of those crappy gumballs from a machine whose flavor only lasts about five minutes- it may as well be free! 

But my best find of the whole weekend was a pair of brown Hush Puppies dress/casual shoes that look like they've barely been worn (aside from the worn-out shoelaces). Guess how much those cost me? Just guess... Nothing. That's right, they were in a "free" bin at one of the sales I stopped at. And let me just tell you - "If it's free... it's for me!" 


There's just something about bargain hunting and finding a great deal that makes me down-right giddy inside. It's addicting. And as sad as I am to say this, it's probably a good thing that the garage sale season is drawing to a close soon. I need to detox before I cross that fine line of bargain hunting and hoarding...

Enjoy the weekend and the beautiful fall weather!
-The Bogarts

No comments:

Post a Comment