Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Showered With Love (aka baby shower numero uno)

This past weekend the women of Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church were kind enough to throw myself and another first time mom (who is having a girl and is due exactly three weeks after me) a joint baby shower. It was fantastic! There was an overwhelming abundance of  food, cake, games, and presents and I was truly "showered" with their love and generosity. I feel incredibly blessed to be bringing my son into such a supportive church home...

So here are some of the things Baby Bogart and I received:




A few adorable outfits.












A ton of books (including two children's bibles and a couple biblical stories).











Some more practical baby necessities like diapers, wipes, etc.












A Boppy pillow and a crib mattress cover.
















And a couple hand-sewn receiving blankets and bibs. They're SUPER soft and I absolutely adore them.













See what I mean? All of the women were so generous! And on top of all the new things I received, I also inherited two full Rubbermaid Tubs of hand-me-down clothes and a gently used bassinet from one of the women. I am so lucky to be a part of this church...

Well, that's about all I know on this windy Tuesday evening. I better resume my place on the couch and find something to watch on Netflix now.

God Bless!
- The Bogarts

No comments:

Post a Comment