Thursday, October 6, 2011

Shhhh! Don't tell the weatherman!

Has anyone else noticed how unbelievably nice the weather has been this week? Have you also noticed that it is now October? Nice weather in northern Minnesota in October... it's almost like an oxymoron! The sun has been shining, the temperature has been in the not-too-hot-but-not-too-cold range, and it hasn't even been too windy (which, in itself, is a small miracle in Duluth,MN).

The highs all week have been in the mid 70's and the lows at night have stayed in the 50's. That is far better than the average highs we normally see in the low 50's and the lows of mid 30's. Ryan and I actually have only had to turn our heat on a couple times so far this fall, and only at night.

I love it. This is the way fall should be. This is the perfect weather to accompany the perfect fall colors. This is the fall I missed out on last year when Ryan and I were in Sweden. As a matter of fact, I have a post from October 14th of last year that documented the first real snowfall in Lulea... and the snow never melted until long after we left. Ugh, it makes me cringe all over again just thinking about it.

I guess I probably shouldn't even say anything to jinx it because I know that it might very well be snowing here in Duluth by October 14th. But maybe... just maybe... this nice weather will hold out if you all promise not to remind the weatherman that it's fall. I won't if you won't, deal? Deal!

All our best from sunny, beautiful Duluth,
The Bogarts




No comments:

Post a Comment