Thursday, October 14, 2010

Unseasonably warm my rear end!

For all of you back home who may be a bit upset with the lack of 70 or 80 degree weather this week, hopefully this will make you appreciate the extra warm fall you've had a little bit more even now as it slips away.

This is what I woke up to this morning...




No, that white stuff covering the ground is not extra white sand. Yes, it is in fact SNOW! In the middle of October. While everyone back home in Minnesota has been enjoying this "unseasonably warm" weather I have been forced to suffer through the "unseasonably cold" fall here in Lulea. Apparently, last year they didn't even get snow to stick until almost December.


But that isn't the case this year. The snow was still here as the sun went down... And being that the forecast is showing highs in the low 40's with many more chances for snow over the next ten days, I don't foresee it melting anytime soon. I just thought you should all know who to thank for the nice weather you've been having. Yes, all of the wonderful sunshine and warmth you've seen throughout October is entirely due to my absence. I seem to have a knack for bringing the bad weather with me where ever I go... Poor Sweden. They probably would have never let me in if they only knew that two months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment