Thursday, November 10, 2011

Christmas season controversy

Being that this is the second year of marriage for Ryan and I, and consequently the second holiday season we have spent under the same roof, it is also the second year that he and I have had a little "tiff" of sorts around this time of year. You see, as soon as it passes Halloween and hits November I sort of act like a department store - I immediately get the "Christmas itch" and have this burning desire to decorate my whole house, watch Christmas movies, and play Christmas music all. the. time. Ryan, on the other hand, would prefer to wait at least until after Thanksgiving to break out the Bing Crosby and "deck our halls"... and it causes some problems. (No, not the Kim Kardasian "irreconsilable differences", file for divorce after 72 days sort of problems... but problems none-the-less.)

Luckily for Ryan, this year I have restrained myself pretty well. I have yet to put up any decorations, I haven't watched a single Christmas movie, and I've only listened to Christmas music once. And it was even when he was gone at school! But it's not because I'm trying all that hard for his sake. Oh no, I haven't waved the white flag of defeat quite yet. It's just that the unseasonably warm weather (and lack of snow) has made it a little harder to get into the mood for Christmas. But have no fear boys and girls! The temperatures are dropping and there is snow in the forecast for later this week! I think my goal for next week will be to start hunting down some more inexpensive decorations, slowly start integrating  the good ol' clay-mation Christmas classics into my daily routine, and create a stellar Christmas playlist on Pandora. After all, it will be the third week of November! :)

Ho, Ho, Ho! Merry Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment