Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Working on The Range

Okay, does the title of this post make anyone else feel like singing the "I've been working on the railroad..." song? Because that's what inspired me and I'm pretty sure I will have that in my head the rest of the day... and it's my own darn fault... haha dangit. Anyways, enough of my scattered pregnancy brain thoughts! I did a post a couple weeks ago now about Ryan having an interview up at Hibbing Taconite for Cliff's Mining and how excited I was for him because this job opportunity had pursued him, not the other way around. Well, I'm happy to report that I have yet another reason to be excited for/proud of my husband this morning as he officially accepted their offer and will be interning there starting in mid-May. Yippe!

Like I had said before, the location for the internship isn't the most ideal because the mine is about an hour and a half away from our apartment and it will mean many long days for Ryan... but it's such an amazing opportunity and he's genuinely excited about working there. (Plus, it pays really well too!) In fact, on top of the generous hourly wage, they pay their interns who live 60+ miles away from the facility an extra $500/month to cover the expense of either driving every day or living up there.

We still haven't hashed out the specifics about whether Ryan will get a small studio apartment up there during the week and come home on weekends or if he'll drive there every day - but we'll figure it out. Ryan is leaning towards wanting to drive even if it means leaving for work at 5:30 am (because they start their days at 7:00) and not getting home until after 6:00 at night. Bless his heart, he's too worried about leaving me home alone with the baby and missing out on too many milestones in Brock's short-lived infant stage. Man, do I have a keeper or what? :)

And that's about all I know on this chilly November morning! All it takes is a little hard work and persistence and a whole lotta praying to get where you want to be in life. Even in this tough economy, and barely two years after getting turned town for every single summer job he applied for (including Walmart) the summer we got engaged, my husband is employed to a fantastic company six months before his job is even set to begin. We are so blessed. God is so good.

Happy Day!
-The Bogarts

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Congrats you two! And yes, I've been working on the railroad will be stuck in me head all day too.

    ReplyDelete